SPECIAL COOPERATIVE PROJECTS (SCOOP)
The Eastern Transportation Coalition saw a growing demand for quick-response projects that address pressing / emerging issues through new and innovative solutions. The Coalition is uniquely suited to oversee this type of work and keep costs manageable. Given these projects would fall outside membership dues activities, a Special Cooperative Projects (SCOOP) fund was created in FY23 as a way to bring this additional value to the corridor.
WHAT MAKES A SCOOP PROJECT?
- The work can be completed within six to twelve months
- The benefits extend beyond one state and support multi-state/cross-
- The project has an urgency, but also support longer range agency initiatives
- The effort is unique and not underway by any other associations
- The project supports Coalition’s mission