The Coalition’s Transportation Data Marketplace
The Eastern Transportation Coalition’s Transportation Data Marketplace has its origins in the Vehicle Probe Project (VPP) which began in 2008 with the primary goal of providing Coalition members with the ability to acquire reliable and real-time travel time & speed data for their entire roadway network without the need for sensors and other hardware.
The Coalition’s current effort, the Transportation Data Marketplace (TDM), is providing members the opportunity to select from a host of prequalified vendors to provide data in six different categories including Travel Time & Speed, Origin-Destination, Freight, Waypoint, Volume, and Conflation.
The Coalition’s Transportation Data Marketplace, uses economies of scale to:
- Give members access to transportation data from market leading companies
- Provide multiple vendor offerings at discounted prices
- Establish strong agency focused data use agreements
- Validate, control and assess the quality of the data through a rigorous process guided by a Coalition Technical Advisory Committee
- Push the innovation envelope of turning data into actionable information